Fall Open Burning Season is Now Open:
October 1st - November 30th
Burn permits are NOT required during open burning seasons. Burning is NOT allowed December, January, and February due to air quality concerns.
Fall is the perfect time to clean up and burn natural yard debris around your home and property. Before lighting your fire, remember that most of the human-caused wildfires in Flathead and Lake Counties are started by escaped debris burns. Here are a few tips:
- Air Quality Compliance is required. Check the ventilation & burning forecast:
- Check the weather forecast and postpone burning if gusty or high winds are predicted.
- Create a control line by scraping the area around your pile to mineral soil.
- Have enough water, hand tools, & help on site to extinguish your fire if necessary.
- Remember, you may be held financially responsible for the cost of suppressing escaped fires.
- For additional burning tips: http://firesafekalispell.com
Are you looking for a way to give back to your community? Have you ever considered becoming a volunteer firefighter or EMS provider?
We are currently accepting applications for various volunteer positions:
- Driver Operators
- Support Members
- Auxiliary Members
Contact us at 406.752.3548 or stop by our main station for more details.
Help us find you. We often experience no address signs when we need to find you during an emergency. A reflective sign saves time when there is a medical or fire call.
Take a moment and 'Like' us on Facebook