Spring burning season ends at midnight on June 30, 2018 .
|July 1 - Sept 30
||No burning allowed due to the increased fire danger of Montana's Fire Season
|Oct 1 - Nov 30
||Fall open burning season
- No burn permit required
- Air quality compliance required
- In Flathead County, call 751-8144
- In Lake County, call 1-800-225-6779
If no restrictions are in place, a permit is not needed for campfires measuring less than 48 inches in diameter.
- Recreational campfires are allowed year-round when no restrictions are in place.
- A campfire must be constructed in an area free of flammable materials; check for overhanging branches.
- Do not allow your campfire to spread beyond the established ring, pit, grate or container.
- A shovel, or other fire tools, and a sufficient amount of water to extinguish the fire must be on site.
- Never leave a campfire unattended, and make sure it is DEAD OUT before vacating the site.
Contact us at 406.752.3548
Help us find you. We often experience no address signs when we need to find you during an emergency. A reflective sign saves time when there is a medical or fire call.
Take a moment and 'Like' us on Facebook